IP stands for internet protocol and it is an essential thing that is required to login to the routers admin panel. Without an IP address, you can get into the admin panel and set up your router.
Sometime you will not find the IP address of the router to be default as the user has changed it for security purposes. In this type of case you can go through below instructions to find router IP address.
How to Find Router IP Address using Windows?
If you are using windows then it is very easy to find IP address of router using some command in cmd. And yeah it is the easiest way to find router IP address.
To find Router IP address using windows pc follow the below steps:
1. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd in the windows start menu or by using run mode.
2. Once Command Prompt opens up, type ipconfig and press Enter.
3. Now you will see many options and results in the command prompt. Your IP will be listed there by name Default Gateway.
If you don’t want to use the command prompt method then you can also go through the graphical interface which will use the control panel. Just open the control panel on windows by search or by start menu.
1. Go to the Network and Internet category and click on the network status.
2. In the upper right corner of the “Network and Sharing Center” window, click the name of your network connection.
3. Click on the Details tab in the Ethernet Status window.
4. In the “Network Connection Details” window, you’ll find your router’s IP address listed as “IPv4 Default Gateway.”
Now you got the IP address of your router, its time to configure the router as per your need. Do this by simply logging in to the router admin page.
Find Router IP Address using Mac OS X
If you grab a Mac OS X then you are lucky one. To get the router IP address in the Mac OS X you will need to follow the below steps.
1. Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network (icon).
2. Choose the WiFi or Ethernet connection to which you’re currently connected to.
3. Click on the Advanced button.
4. Now, click on TCP/IP tab and you will be able to see the Router IP Address.
If you want an alternative way to find router IP address then you can try out the Terminal App. To find IP Address using the Terminal app go through the below steps.
- Open the Terminal app from the Utilities.
- In the terminal window, type netstat–nr | grep default.
- Results will show up and you can find your Router IP Address next to the Gateway option.
Find IP Address in Linux Destro
Linux is probably one of the best operating systems for developers and ethical hackers. And this is the reason why most of the users prefer to use Linux for testing and debugging an app or website.
To find the IP address in Linux all you need is to boot into Linux distro using the root user. Then follow the below steps.
1. Open a new Terminal by going to Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
2. Once the terminal gets open type ifconfig and hit the enter button.
3. Now can see all the detail related to IP address and wifi adapter. Your IP Address will be shown next to the default gateway.
Find Your Router’s IP Address in Chrome OS
If you are using a Chromebook then click on the notification area at the right side of the taskbar and select the network name which you are currently connected to.
Nos a new window will pop up and then click on the Network tab and you will see your IP address listed there by Gateway.
Find IP Address in Android Smartphone
Android is based on the Linux but it does not have any option like command prompt or terminal just like in Linux and windows. To find the IP address in the android you will need to download thirty part apps.
However, in the high version of Android (> Naught 7.0) you can easily find the IP address directly from your device.
1. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi.
2. Tap on the Configure button.
3. Now you can see your IP Address listed next to Default gateway.
Find IP Address in iOS and iPhone
Just like the android smartphones, you can easily find IP address in the iOS device too. Here iOS device includes all the iPhone and iPad.
To find IP address in the Apple iPhone and iOS device follow the below-mentioned step.
1. First of all, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
2. Then select the WiFi network which you are currently connected to.
3. Now note down your router IP address listed there.