Have you purchased a new d-link router, if yes then its time to configure dlink router. Once the router is configured then you can connect to the internet with LAN cable or with WiFi connection.
With the router setup we are also going to set the WiFi connection by providing SSID and password. Before proceeding make sure that your router is connected to the PC with Ethernet cable.
How to Setup D-Link Router in 2020
1. Power on your D-Link router.
2. Connect D-Link router to the PC with the help of Ethernet Cable or WiFI. (You can find default wifi password at bottom or router which is encrypted with WEP protocol).
3. Once router is connected to the PC, open browser and go to https://192.168.0.1 or https://192.168.1.1
Note the IP Address may vary from model to mode, here is the list of default router ip addresses.
4. A login page will prompt once you type and hit the ip address in url bar. Now enter your routers uername and password.
5. Now, you can configure and set up your router using the Internet Connection Setup Wizard.
6. Under the WAN setup choose connection type: DHCP/PPPoE and enter the Username and password which you got from the ISP.
7. Click on save and connect and you will now have internet access. To share the internet you can also setup WiFi.
8. Under the Wireless setup type the SSID name and password and hit the save button.
Congrats, your D-Link router has been setup successfully and you are ready to use the internet.
To use the internet you can use WiFi option to connect wirelessely or you can connect a Ethernet cable to your PC with router.