192.168.0.1 IP address is the default gateway for the many popular routers like D-Link, TP-Link, and Netgear. The IP address can be used to log in to the router’s control page to modify the basic and advanced settings of the router.
- What is 192.168.0.1?
- How to Access 192.168.0.1 Admin Login Page?
- How to Reset Router to Factory Default
- Frequently Asked Question
What is 192.168.0.1?
192.168.0.1 is the IP address for your router. If you need to make any changes to your router using the setting you need to access it with IP address along with the username and password.
Although this IP Address is used by a wide range of most common routers but to log in router’s admin page be sure that your router’s default IP address is set to the above IP. If this is the default IP address then open any browser on your pc or mobile and type the IP Address in the address bar.
What can be done with 192.168.o.1?
It is the default IP address for many routers which can be used to access the router’s main admin panel. From there you can control many routers’ functions such as setting up a router for the first time use.
This default IP address is reserved for the router to access the router admin configuration page usually called 192.168.0.1 login page. Users can easily go to the web browser and type this IP address to access the login page.
Here is the list of functions that can be done through default IP like 192.168.o.1
- You can access the admin page of the router
- Setup router for the first time use.
- Create a WiFi Connection and also manage them.
- Reset the WiFi password and enable push-button options.
- Backup & Restore routers all setting with one click
- Factory Reset the Router with one click.
- Check the internet data uses and routers uptime.
Apart from all these, there are also many features that can be managed by admin access. You need an IP Address to log in to the router’s admin dashboard.
Routers Using 192.168.0.1 as Default IP
There are many routers using this IP Address as default. Here is the list of manufactures that release at least one router using 192.168.0.1 as the default IP address.
List of Manufactures from A-C
List of Manufactures from D-F
List of Manufactures from G-I
List of Manufactures from J-L
List of Manufactures from M-O
|Mitsumi Electric||Nexxt Solutions||OvisLink|
List of Manufactures from P-R
List of Manufactures from S-U
List of Manufactures from V-X
List of Manufactures from Y-Z
Out of these, D-Link, Linksys, and TP-Link have by far the most routers that use 192.168.0.1 as the default IP address.
Common Typo Problems While Accessing Routers Login Page
If you are unable to access your router admin page then the reason might be you are mistyping the IP address in the URL field. This is the most common problem faced by every beginner.
Most of the users were confused between 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.o.1. The only difference between these two words is the one is an IP address with zero (192.168.0.1) and the other is not an IP Address and includes a letter o (192.168.o.1)
Here are some other most common typo problems like 192.168.o.1:
- 192 168 0 1
- 192 168 o 1
See there are many like these. So if you are unable to access your router’s admin login page then first ensure what you are typing in the address bar. If you are mistyping correct it else troubleshoots your router.
How to Access 192.168.0.1 Admin Login Page?
If you know your router’s default IP address which can be easily found on the back of routers then you can access the 192.168.0.1 admin login page and manage the internet settings easily.
Here is a quick video guide to the login router admin page. Don’t prefer the video guide then continue reading below.
How to login to 192.168.0.1
- Make sure your router is connected to the computer through a LAN cable or wirelessly.
- Now open any preferred browser to access the default IP Address.
- Type http://192.168.0.1 in the browser and hit the enter button. As you do this you will see a default routers home page asking for the admin username and password.
4. Now type username and password and hit the enter button. You will be now logged into the router configuration page.
Note: If you are setting up the router for the first time then use username and password as Admin. If its not working the see for username and password printed on the backside of your router.
How to Change Router Settings?
After a successful login to the router, you can manage all settings related to routers like passwords, Wireless settings, and many more. Here are some of the settings that you need to change.
- Changing Router’s Login Information-
- This is the first thing that you need to do after setting up the router, You need to manually change the routers default credential username and password for the IP Address.
- To do this navigate to tools and click on change username and password. Now type your preferred username and password and click on confirm.
- To bring the applied setting in effect reboot the router.
- Router Firmware Update-
- It is important to keep your routers firmware up to date for security reasons and also for a smooth experience.
- Go to tools under Setting tab and click on the Firmware upgrade. If a new firmware is found it will auto upgrade or else go to manufacturer site and download the latest firmware and install it.
- Set-up Parental Control-
- Internet is filled with a lot of good as well as bad contents. Parental Control helps you tpo protect your child from viewing inappropriate content on the internet.
- You can either set up filtering parental control or monitoring parental control.
- With monitoring parental control you can track your child activity over the internet without restricting anything.
- With Filtering parental control you can filter the content which many not be appropriate for your child and also limit the time your child using the internet.
- To setup the parental control go to router setting and click on parental control. Choose the method as per your choice and that’s it,.
Default Router Username and Password List
If you don’t know the router’s username and password then you can try these default usernames and passwords to access the router login page. Most of the time router username and passwords are wiped from the router’s backside due to continuous use.
In this type of case try the router’s default username and password which are always the same for all routers.
How to Reset Router to Factory Default
If you have ever messed up with the router setting and are unable to login to the router then it’s best to reset the router to factory default. By factory resetting the router, it will wipe all the user settings including WiFi username and password.
Every router manufacturer always provides a factory reset button on the router. Sometimes the button is a multifunction button that also works as a WPS switch.
- To reset a router long press the small reset button on the router for 10 seconds and once the light on router start blinking release the button.
- Your router will now perform a factory reset and will reboot in a while.
- Now to again access the routers login page type the default router username and password.
Frequently Asked Question
I cannot access the routers configuration page?
Ans. There are many reasons for this. You can try the below fixes one by one to solve this problem.
- Ensure your router is properly connected to the PC with Ethernet cable or Wirelessly.
- Check that you are typing correct IP Address 192.168.0.1 not 192.168.o.1 or 19216801.
- Try using different browsers and check the URL.
- Check your router is turned ON
- Use the above button on top to access the router configuration page.
I am unable to connect to the Internet or the Internet is not working?
Ans. If you are unable to connect to the internet through Ethernet or WiFI then you might have done something bad.
- Make sure that you can active data plan from ISP and also check that whether Internet error occurs at ISP end.
- Check that you have entered the correct username, password, and port no. in the PPPoE field. Also, confirm the setting with the ISP.
How can i Change my Routers Default IP Address?
Ans. For various security reasons, it is recommended to have a customized router IP address. Here’s how to do it:
- TP-Link: Login to your web interface > Advanced > Network > LAN > Change as preferred in IP Address field > Save changes.
- D-Link: Access your admin panel > Setup Tab > Network Settings > Router Settings > Router IP Address > Save Settings.
- NetGear: Login to NetGear Genie > Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup > LAN TCP/IP Setup > IP Address > Apply Changes.
Once the default gateway IP address is changed your router will restart to save applied changes.